Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Scales

Not the kind you find on fish nor the kind you use to balance weights.

The kind you find in your typical elementary band room. It's so odd. SO odd. Music here is exemplified through speakers or traditional instruments at a wedding. I'm talking about trumpets, tubas, an alto sax, a clarinet, a snare! This is very, very strange to find in Cambodia, and here I was, just workin' away a the Provincial Office of Education (POE) in Takeo Town and: "Doooooo dooooo doooo doooo doooo dooooo dooo doooo.....dooo dooo dooo dooo dooo dooo dooo dooo."To be honest, my biggest question: "Where did you get the instruments from?" Most music stores in Cambodia have classical or acoustic guitars; it's very rare to see anything else. I would have asked to step in, but I'm not so sure I would have wanted to share reeds.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment