Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

If You Love Cute and Cuddly Dogs, You Might Not Want to Read this Blog Post

Last night, the bankers had a party in the backyard for one of the tellers who was moving to ACLEDA Bank Plc. in Poipet. They had all sorts of food and plenty of beer. Iced beer. There was ice-cold beer, and I didn't have to make it that way by diluting it with ice! It was absolutely delicious, even if Bayon beer is a sub-par lager. After awhile of chatting and one of the new guys stroking my nose and telling me it was beautiful, I decided to eat some beef. "Hey, this beef is delicious," I said. The reply, full of laughter, "Oh no! Garrett. That is special meat." Huh?! What is special me....hmmmmm. I may or may not have eaten dog meat. I also may or may not have liked it... So, for all of you dog loving people out there, I deeply apologize. Though, at the same time, I kind of don't. If you saw what they look like out here, you may or may not agree with me.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

3 comments:

  1. Haha. Wow Garrett. I love the commentary of your adventures. Eating wild and strange foods is part of travel and culture immersion. Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sara! I'm so glad my first comment was one of approval.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I saw a dog being carted off to be eaten this morning. The poor thing had no idea he was going to be "issue in the press" (dog soup). Cheers though! There's a first time for everything.

    ReplyDelete