Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

I've Been Holding Out on You

Hi. How's it goin'? I haven't been here in awhile. Yeah, I know, but that's because I've been very busy with Pre-Service Training (PST) for the 5th group of volunteers (K5s) who all swore-in on Monday, October 3rd at the Korean Cultural Center in Phnom Penh. It was satisfying, relieving, and it made me proud to watch 59 trainees swear-in and become Peace Corps Volunteers at the same time that I was able to drop my tentative "title" of Cross Culture and Safety & Security Intern. It's nice to be back at site. Well, it was nice to be back after about 3 1/2 hours of cleaning. What do you think would happen when you leave a place for 3 1/2 months in Cambodia with no one tending to it? Let me tell you:

- caking of dust
- accumulation of spider webs
- holes in the edges of one side of my sheets because of mice
- dirty bathroom

So, what accumulated over 3 1/2 hours, I spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning, and now, it's impeccable. I feel clean, and the next time mice try to get in this room, I won't be as "nice" as I was the last time. And I wasn't very nice last time. Needless to say, my room is cleaner than it was when I had left it. So, I feel at home, relaxed, and most importantly, clean.

Some other things going on:
- The potential of a Domestic Violence (DV) workshop at the beginning of next year.
- Working with a committee to help better the health program here.

Alright, it's time to catch up on some much needed sleep and relaxation.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

1 comment:

  1. Yay updates! Silly mice...

    Glad to hear there's more people like you out there about to have the adventure of there lives helping people who need it. Thanks for all the work you do!!

    <3 Sara

    ReplyDelete