Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

When You Don't Use an E-mail Account for Some Time

Recently, I was looking around online and ran into a Flickr account that I started a few years back. There were some bad photos that I wouldn't have minded deleting. So, I went to log in.

"Please enter in your Yahoo ID and password."

...wtf. Yahoo??? When was the last time I used...right. 2008. Well, I'm sure I just used..my...nope. I don't remember my username whatsoever. So, I clicked on the I'm-an-idiot-and-never-wrote-this-crap-down button. It says, do you want us to send it to your t..............@gmail.com. Oh god. TheNewStravinsky@gmail.com (pompous, now, I know). Okay, no problem, I'll just go on and sign into that e-mail account that I haven't been using for over 20 months, now. I definitely used that one password.

"Either password or username was incorrect."

No problem. I probably just typed it incorrectly.

"Either password or username was incorrect."

Maybe I used this other password.

"Either password or username was incorrect."

Oh, come on! Alright. So, I click on that you-really-forgot-all-of-this-information-too? button. And it asks for my security information. I used some stupid word that I made up like 10 years ago, and I guess I didn't remember how to spell it. Okay, send it to my other e-mail address.

"Would you like us to send your information to your other account g.......@e****.a******.edu?

You've got to be kidding me. Okay, fine. I'll log into my school e-mail account. Apparently they extended the use of our school e-mail from six months after you graduate to when you die. Hmmm. Okay, User Name: gmatlick. Easy enough. Password: ********

"Either password or username was incorrect."

F***. Try again.

"Either password or username was incorrect."

Double f***.

Okay, wait. Security questions. Okay, and I got the information correct. I wasn't an idiot when creating security measures for my university account. So, I got into my @email.arizona.edu account, then subsequently accessed my TheNewStravinsky@gmail.com, then finally retrieved my Yahoo ID. which I then had to use to change the password for my Yahoo account. After all of that, I finally was able to remove the 7 pictures I didn't want up on Flickr.

Yeah.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

1 comment:

  1. This sort of made me laugh...but then sort of made me feel frustrated with modern technology :-)
    Keep those updates comin'!

    ReplyDelete