Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Today is a Good Day

So, today I got a text from my Khmer tutor, Rath, who was also an LCF (Language and Cross-Cultural Facilitator) during my training, that he was free at 3:00p - 5:00p to teach a language lesson. This bode particularly well for me, because that gave me the notion that I could potentially have a solid lesson every week as he could only really teach me on the weekends, of which you never know where I may be (i.e. Battambang for IST [Inter-service Training])! Anyhow, he drove on his moto over to my town (he lives 25k away in Sway [the provincial town]) and we had sort of an introductory lesson to figure out where my skills where at post-training. That went well, I learned a some useful words for going fishing, and now, we, potentially, will be having lessons Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday, which bodes well for me as I've been needing some more "stuff" to do in my life here. By the way, do you notice that I, Garrett, have been using a lot of commas in this blog, nonetheless through the entirety of my life, if you've known me long enough? Or at least long enough to muster through that sentence. Okay, seriously, though; enough of that. I'm sure my misuse of commas and semicolons are making some poor stranger cringe. Anyhow, the point is: I have something new to add to my agenda/look forward to.
All I can really say, is that right now, I have a really great set of friends (PCV/Khmer) that keep me goin' when things start to slow up. I also have a (expletive deleted) ton of movies and a good set of 600+ page books to keep me busy. Hope things are keeping well. Use plenty of silica-gel packets, and I'll see a good portion of you in 5 weeks.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment