Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Friday, May 6, 2011

It's May, and I've Been Waiting Outside for 2 Hours

So, here's another interesting fact of life for rural Cambodia: if you live in the sticks, and you're waiting for your taxi to leave, but no one else seems to want to go to your destination, you'll be waiting for 2 hours, like I am right now. Is this typical? No. But, it's not unusual. I don't live in the sticks, but Kenny does, and I'm visiting him; there's a wedding there that I'm attending. Anyhow, it's hot, but thankfully there's shade as the taxi stand is in the market. It's actually kind of nice (I think I wrote this in an earlier post), because I have the chance to read up on the news without much distraction. You know, as much as there really isn't in this town, I kinda like it here (The taxi stand is in Svay, the provincial town). There's a great group of people in this province, and I'll be sad to see a couple of them leave. Anyhow, MST (Mid-Service Training) is in a week and a half. I look forward to seeing everyone; there are some people I haven't seen in months! Well, that's about all. Thanks for listening to me babble while I wait for a taxi; I'm still waiting.

Keep well.
Talk to you soon,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment