Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Belated News on Extending

Hey All,

For those of you who don't have Facebook, I apologize for the belated news, but:

I was approved for extending with PSI in a full-time setting. I will be living in Phnom Penh and may be there as early as late June, but all of that will be defined in a week when Peace Corps program staff, PSI's technical director, and I meet to discuss further my scope of work, start date, housing and other concerns of interest. I currently don't have a great idea of what exactly my day-to-day will look like, so guessing on here would just be pointless and superfluous when I re-post post-meeting next week. Things I do know:

- I will be extending with Population Services International/Cambodia (PSI/Cambodia)
  • Full-time
- I will be one of four PCVs living in Phnom Penh
  • I might live alone
  • I might live with another PCV as a roommate (that hasn't been approved yet
- I should hopefully begin:
  • End of June
  • Beginning of July
As far as coming home is concerned, I should be coming home late October through late November for obvious reasons (engrossing myself in Thanksgiving fare and weather that won't have me sweating as I walk back from the shower). What I don't know yet is if I passed the Personal Narratives (PNs) and Qualitative Evaluation Panel (QEP) portion of the Foreign Service selection process. If I do, then I'll be invited to the Oral Assessment (OA) which is slated to occur (according to the Department of State's website) between August and November. Should the only time I'm invited to that (if I get invited) be August, September, or early October, then I'll be coming home around then (no need to spend big Gs on a ticket home when I could do it for a couple of hundred). I'll let you know when I do. Until then...

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment