Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On That Note: The Rainy Season Has Begun to Begin

I'm not sure if I can safely say that the rainy season has begun, however, it has rained pretty hard the past two days. The rainy season doesn't really begin until the end of May/beginning of June, but it's comin'! This is great, as it's getting really, really, really, really hot. My skin has become the color that a pastry should be when you take it out of the oven! I find the rain cathartic, so it's been very pleasant to listen to music/watch a movie/read a book in my room while listening to the rain pour down and the thunder shake my room.

Last night, my family served me this rice that looks like it's speckled with bits of red streaks. It turns out that this is the most expensive rice in Cambodia. Apparently it has natural healing abilities. I was very grateful for the rice (and the tasty fish and egg/onion omelette)! My friend, Phannah told me that this rice is sometimes difficult to buy as Cambodian people would rather sell it to Thailand and get the most value at it as it's not an item to really be bartered with.

That's about all.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment