Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Working Towards a Half Marathon or I Made it 1 Kilometer

So, I've decided that today is the day that I will begin working out again. I've decided that I would like to work towards running the half marathon in December at Angkor Wat (same event as the bike race I did last year). I got out my new iPod (another story), stretched, filled my body with water, and went off...

I made it one kilometer before having to transition into walking for a little. I'm actually a little surprised I made it that far at all! Nevertheless, I have plenty of work to do. It's a good thing that I have 7-8 months to get there.

The best part about all of this was that I still had people (despite 4 months in the beginning getting used to it) trying to ask me questions while I was running with my iPod in. I actually had some children follow me 50 meters. They're lucky I had to turn left into the market, otherwise, no hello! And they are so disappointed when one doesn't respond to the infamous "Hello! ....HELLO!!!! HELLLO!!! HELLOOOOO!!!!! HELLO!!!!" For some reason, they also think that the thumbs-up thing is a popular thing to do. Nope. That ended awhile ago.

Anyhow, I'll be at it again tomorrow. I hope you realize I'm simply wrote that sentence in order to guilt myself into actually running tomorrow.

Hope all is well.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment