Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Birthday in KC

About 10 of us rode into Kampong Cham today for Sarah's birthday. Yup, I'm gettin' up there on biking distance. I rode 23?k to get here, so we'll see if I can get up to 30k for my permanent site. Not a big post today, because I wouldn't want to be too anti-social, you know me.

So, basic info:

I'm reading Gai-jin and am 260 pages into, and only have just shy of 1000 pages to go.

Anyhow, yup, that's it. Life's good. Language is good. Friends are good.

p.s. I'm singing the National Anthem of the U.S. of A. at swear-in (with others). When asked at one of the seminar days who should sing, about 1/3 of our group wrangled me into it, so here I am. I don't want to sing the boring one melody, so I'm going to attempt to teach the SATB version. We'll see how that goes.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment