Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Limbo

So, I left my training village today. It was a little emotional, but mostly awkward. In Cambodia, touching isn't usually deemed appropriate, so there wasn't too much hugging going on. A handshake, yes. It was fun though. I took pictures every member of the family (that's a lot) and received some old photos from one my host sibling's wedding, who by the way I didn't realize was actually my sister until last week.

So, this next week will pretty much consist of chilling out, dealing with some formalities and just pretty much having a grand ol' time. The Star-Spangled Banner Quintet met together for the first time today, and it sounds pretty damn good, I have to say. We really didn't have to do much to blend together. I guess we were just meant to sing together. Not a comment you might hear me say, but I'm just excited that it will go well. Apparently, if you sound decent enough, the American Embassy asks you back for a four-day vacation to sing again during July 4th. So, keep your fingers cross.

Anyhow, I'm excited to meet up with my current Volunteer friends along with us soon-to-be Volunteers and do some dancing and hangin' out. I'm excited to buy some needed things:

-weights
-guitar
-harmonica?

those are my only requirements in town.

Hope things are going well on the homefront.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment