Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Iowa at Arizona

This is pretty much the coolest thing:

I'm sittin' along the Mekong River, listening to the Iowa (9) at Arizona (24) game live online. Not only have I had the opportunity to do this, but I got to hear half of "Fight, Wildcats!" and the first 6 chords of the MUSE opener from the 2010 POA Marching Band. I won't lie, I freaked out a little bit. All I know, now is: I get to listen to games on Sunday mornings (keeping my fingers crossed that the internet phone that I bought off a K3 will work at my site). Go Cats!

I was reminded to tell you that I'm not alone in listening to this game. Brenda and I have been listening to the game since the 2nd quarter (when we were finally able to get audio [we'd been following along by GameCast on ESPN for the 1st quarter (in fact, we tried watching the game on ESPN on our TV in the hotel, but of course that network felt it more beneficial to air Formula 1 after numerous times announcing that the Iowa at Arizona game was to be aired next)]).
Talk about hometown/alma mater pride!

End Score:

Arizona 34 Iowa 27

I think Brenda would agree with me that we felt a mixed bag emotions including: excitement, disappointment, suspense and finally, relief.

Go Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment