Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Friday, September 24, 2010

PCV and Kickin' It

I swore in on Thursday, September 23rd, becoming a Peace Corps/Cambodia Volunteer. The ceremony was an hour with two speeches from the volunteers, one from the CD, one from the U.S. Ambassador, and one from the Deputy Prime Minister of Cambodia. There were translators for English to Khmer, but not the other way around, so you can imagine that with two months of language training, I was a little lost and kinda gettin' sleepy. Anyhow, it's over, and now, I have a hat...way cool. I'm enjoying it here, and thankfully, I have nothing to do today except figure out what I'm gonna do today. Oddly enough, I think I've hung out with the K3s more than the K4s this week... I move to permanent site, tomorrow. I'm excited to move to 20hr/wk 5 days/wk schedule.

Hope all is well,
Garrett

p.s. I finally got a hold of the MUSE show. AMAZING. Keep it up, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment