Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

O.M.G.

So, tonight, I had a hot, yes, hot shower... I...can't really explain in words how that feels, but after a month and a half of cold bucket showers, yeah. Give me a moment...

(moment)

Okay, phew. We're good.

p.s. I would just like to note that (with the help of some directions) I managed to get my self all the way across Phnom Penh in a tuk tuk all by myself. Small accomplishment, really, but you gotta take 'em one at a time.

Night,
Garrett
or
G-Money, apparently.

3 comments:

  1. I love love love reading about everything you're up to. I know it's probably totally rough living like you do, so far away from home, but you wouldn't guess it was so bad from this blog. I think that's a pretty cool reflection of who you are!

    Also, I am SO HAPPY you're coming home for the wedding. SO HAPPY.

    Love,
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Garrett,

    Hang in there buddy. I'm so proud to call you my friend. You are such an amazing person and even when you think you are negative you are extremely positive. Keep posting pictures too!! About the showers and laundry, I totally understand...the AT was rough. My suggestion is to filter the water you rinse with. It just makes it feel a bit cleaner. Although all of my shirts retained the stains and smells of that trip, I still wear them for nostalgia. Maybe I'll send you some cologne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Yeah, I'm excited to get back to the States. My tickets are purchased, so I will officially be seeing you in about 3 months! Dancing will be involved! As to the cologne, yes please!

    ReplyDelete