Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Chatting with America

So, I got to Skype with Kim and Michael (and see Erica and Marcos?) today. Definitely the highlight of my week, seeing as the back half of my house did actually flood, a lot. I went to fetch water for my filter...thigh high! Anyhow, it's nice to see missed faces and know I'll be seeing them again 8 weeks from Thursday. I wish upon my laptop charger to get here faster. As my friend, Julie pointed out,--and as it's true, it's worth noting-- it's been a good experience living without my laptop for the past 3 months. I learned that I can read a lot more than one should in one day, for me at least, and there are other forms of entertainment, like watching the fish swim in your flooded back portion of your home. But, come the time I get my charger in (thanks fam), I'll be very glad to continue my Bond marathon, the other bagillion movies I now own (thanks again fam) and start House and Battlestar Gallactica.

Anyhow, life is good. Life is wet, but good. It didn't rain yesterday or today (knock on wood) thankfully, so we'll see how that continues. November is inching its way in which means Battambang, friends, Thanksgiving...all at once!

Hope things are well. Talk to you soon,
Garrett

p.s. I know what you're thinkin': 'Garrett, how can you claim to say you've learned an experience of living without technology while you seem to post something once-twice a week?' You're right. I probably should be holding my tongue, but lets face it. I enjoy communicating with people. I'm checking my peace corps phone: sent txts: 1602 received: 1464

No comments:

Post a Comment