Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

The External (Health) Battle

I've realized something recently.

I have had absolutely no (except for a cold that lasted a day) internal health struggles. Yup. That's right. I haven't had diarrhea, a fever, or Dengue Fever. What an immune system! However, what I haven't had much luck with is the external health battle.

- bug-bite turned infection on my ankle (which gave me considerable trouble walking)
- falling off of my bike before even getting to training
- cutting myself with glass (notice these two would probably happen anywhere)
- contact skin dermatitis from strange plants on my left eyelid (not fun)
- contact skin dermatitis from strange plants on my right arm
- etc...

Some of you could just agree that I'm a clutz and physical injuries are bound to happen to me, but I swear, my skin just doesn't like this country (or DEET).

Hopefully my body will grow used to this place and then again, maybe not.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

p.s. I just potentially found a temporary tutor. Whoo! I will be happy to have an actual tutor rather than relying on myself as I have the past 5 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Eeesh! I HATE bug bites *shiver* Hang in there! If it makes you feel better I've been sick (internally) six times this semester; first time working full-time with kids....

    I suppose between the two of us we've got one healthy immune system and one bug-bite-free epidermis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's just what I was telling my friend here who's had internal problems as i've had external.

    ReplyDelete