Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Basketball and Girl Scout Cookies Make Life Better

Girl Scout Cookies:

There's no trickiness or intellect when it comes to this title. It's just the plain and simple truth. I received three boxes of Girl Scot cookies in the mail from my parents about a week ago (thank you. thank you. thank you.), including tagalongs (the best), samoas, and thin mints. When I got back home I put all three boxes in the refrigerator. Yes. My host mother owns a refrigerator. Is this common? Absolutely not. Anyhow, later that night, I cracked open the Tagalongs and sunk my teeth slowly through the thin, outerlayer of chocolate, then savoring the thick, second layer of delicious, creamy peanut butter until finally hitting the cruncy cookie center. I ate the first two rows before deciding that I should save the last two (rows) for the following day. You're probably thinking, "Hey, Garrett! Wait! Tagalongs only have three rows of delicious peanut butter chocolate cookies." By Jove, you're right! There are only three rows. I guess I should have just gone ahead and eaten the last row. To few to put back. And, that's just what I did.

Basketball:

I won't lie. There's nothing quite like devoting a good seven hours to just following basketball scores while reading up on the news. Unfortunately, when you're in the midst of an exciting set of NCAA conference tournaments, it makes going to bed so difficult, because all you can think about is the results of the subsequent days (especially when the Pac-10 Championship hangs on the line for your alma mater). Anyhow, I've had quite a pleasure of following some rather exciting close games (Arizona v USC, UNC v Miami, Louisville v ND, SDSU v UNLV) as well as some rather close, yet very unexciting, slow paced games (Penn St. v Wis). Seriously...36-33? I'll be, obviously, rooting for the Wildcats in what seems will be a very tough, exciting game against the Washington Huskies. Neither of these two teams need to win in order to secure their spot in the Big Dance (NCAA Men's BBall Tournament), so it's all about pride, revenge, showmanship, and determination. Selection Sunday is, well, on Sunday, so I'll be at work hoping for a high seeding for Arizona.

Hope all is well, and
Talk to you soon,
Garrett

1 comment: