Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Seriously, Who Would Pay for Such Awful Internet Service?!

I'm not upset. Was I a little discouraged at the time? Yes.

What happened?

I put $10 on my Metfone (IST) phone. First off, $10 is a LOT to buy for my phone at any one time. To give you an idea. I get online as often as I do (twice a week) for $6/month. I decided I wanted to have 3G (I currently use 2G/GPRS [i.e. crappy internet]) so I could stream the Pac-10 Tournament games (which conveniently enough were not being streamed anywhere online). So, I just got on the internet and did what I would normally do. I purchased the 3G for a week: $6 for access for the week and the first 700MB free; after that it's $0.003/100KB. So, you would think. Oh, that's not so bad. I had $13.35 on my phone before charging anything. I was fine for the first day. 20 minutes into day two, I ran out of money. I want to curse, but I'll refrain. Anyhow, I put another $5 on my phone, which should last me for the next month. I'm currently on my all day all access pass for $0.70 for the day.

Seriously, why in the world should internet cost that much here?! This was the best option for me for using it just for the weekend (or so I thought), too. The worst part: the 3G where I am is not all that much better than the 2G/GPRS.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment