Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Where I'll be Vacationing to in April

I might not update for a couple of weeks (that's never happened...), because I'll be on vacation for 11 days! I'll try to update while I'm there if I have internet access, however, I think I'll be focusing on being on vacation rather than writing blog posts, sorry.

However, here is an itinerary of our trip:

April 9th-16th: Laos -
We'll (4 of us) be starting our trip by traveling to the top of Laos. For those of you who do not know, Laos is the country situated directly above Cambodia and between Thailand and Vietnam. We'll hopefully get to Long Pro Bong and Vientiane (capitol), then work our way down south, hopefully capitalizing on tubing down the Mekong River. These are all tentative plans, but I'll be sure to blog about each spot we get to (including the very long intermittent train/bus rides.

April 17th-19th: Ratanakiri, Cambodia -
For the last three days of the trip, we're hoping to explore the northeastern most province in Cambodia, Ratanakiri. Ratanakiri is known for is highly forested areas with waterfalls, a lake, and most importantly, elephants! I'm not really sure exactly what we'll do and how we'll do it, but that'll probably be the plan and mindset for most of the trip; that is, we're winging it. Well, that's about as much as I know and can blog about at this time, but I'm excited to relate all of the fun and interesting adventures to come when I (and we) get there. Talk to you soon, Garrett

1 comment:

  1. Hey! That sounds exciting! I found I I may actually be traveling to Asia in December with a friend who works on a cruise line; we'll be hitting China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, and CAMBODIA! You'll have to give me the pre-trip low down :)

    Have a great (and SAFE) trip! <3

    ReplyDelete