Disclaimer

This website reflects my own personal views and not that of the U.S. Government nor, more specifically, the Peace Corps.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Sitting and Doing Nothing is Great

Lately, it's been surprisingly a lot cooler than all of us have expected it to get. This is typically the time of year where it really begins to heat up (with its peak in April/May), but the weather has spoken differently. Tonight for dinner, my host mother served bai cha (fried rice) with tomatoes (red ones!), onions, beef, and cucumbers. It was pretty good. Afterwards, I just sat with her and chatted for about 20 min. It was nice. There was a cool breeze, a beautiful sunset, and no (I repeat: no) monks and recorded (poorly performed) music blaring over the PA for all to witness; it was relaxing. After that, I watched my highly anticipated Sports Center clip (4:27 seconds long) that had been downloading for a good hour and a half and now, I'm here typing.

Talk to you soon,
Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment